Learn how to live with nature and enjoy your time outdoors more.
This is a great fun packed day for any young person that enjoys outdoor learning with a difference.
The day will consist of a variety of activities that will encourage your child to develop their physical, social interaction, imagination, communication, emotional and spiritual wellbeing. We offer an approach where young people can learn through self-directed play and exploration; we also offer young people the opportunity to take supported risks appropriate to the environment and themselves.
Below is a selection of activities that they may take part in depending on the time of year and the weather conditions:
• Hobo Cooking
• Finding North and Basic Navigation
• Makeshift Shelter Building
• Different forms of Ignition
• Signalling for Rescue
• Basic Outdoor First Aid
• Green Wood Carving (using a penknife)
• Fire Lighting and Emergency Tinder
• Learning about the Weather
• Clean Water / Purification
• Dampers and Shmores
The day will close with lots of memories and your very own CPD certificate of attendance